trip to singapore : 4 days

Hello! Took me about a month after the trip but hey, here I am. Survived out alive from my own cage of procrastination lol. Before I start sharing about my trip, here's a warning: this post will be filled with tones of pictures. I will also include all my budgets & money spent (if I still remember lmao). So hope you guys are prepared & here we go! ;)


Date : 2nd Aug ~ 5th Aug (4 days)
On board : KLIA 2 (AirAsia) ⇀ Changi International Airport, Singapore.

Mind that I went to Singapore with Ally (EXCITING) & her sisters, so in total its 4 persons.

Took a 9am flight, and we arrived as scheduled; 11am. At the airport, here's 2 things you need to purchase if you need internet & 98% will be using public transport + walking.
  1. Tourist SIM card — costed us around SG$12 (split to 4 - for each only SG$3)
  2. Singapore tourist pass - SG$38 per person for 3 days.
One of us use her phone to use the SIM card, so we all just use the internet using hotspot. 4 days is more than enough, honestly.

Right after we bought these 2 necessities (lol). We took grab to our hotel, Lai Ming Hotel Cosmoland, 424 Geylang Road. The hotel is just 5 minutes away from MRT Al Junied Station (walking), so it is super duper easy. We all stay in 1 room consists of 2 single beds + 1 queen bed. Simple breakfast like bread, coffee and tea also provided.

After we all settled in our room, we went to the first attraction; Singapore Cable Car. [Al Junied Station ⇀ HarbourFront Station] It's a 2 ways route so we can choose either to go Mount Faber or HarbourFront. We choose to ride the cable car to Mount Faber first, then stop at HarbourFront. Because it's easier to go to our next attraction; Tiger Sky Tower, the highest observation tower in Singapore which also turns 360°, perfect to capture the view of Singapore.

view from Tiger Sky Tower

We wander around Sentosa for a while before going back to the mainland. [Merlion Tower (Monorail) ⇀ HarbourFront ⇀ Chinatown] Then we have lunch at Segar Restaurant @ 133 New Bridge Rd in ChinaTown Point (it's the mall besides the exit of MRT) costed us SG$19.70 each for full set meal for 4 persons (split bills duh) & honestly it lasted long cause I'm still full until dinner. So I considered that as my lunch + dinner. After meal, we wander around Chinatown.






Here I spent SG$3 at 7eleven for some basic needs + f&b. Then we all go to the next pit stop; Esplanade Theatre.  [Chinatown ⇀ Esplanade (Exit D)]

Esplanade Theatre - inspired by Durian! 😆

When we arrived here, it's around 6pm. We then went to Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck. [Esplanade ⇀ Bayfront] but here, we made a mistake as we stopped at Marina Bay stations. Which took us 20 minutes to walk there lol but at least instead of watching sunset at observation deck, we watch it at Marina Bay; closer view of the spectacular cities & 'people-watching' the locals daily life. 


Marina Bay Sands

Singapore city night view from Observation Deck

Spectra - light & water show in front of Marina Bay Sands starts at 8pm

Spent around 45 minutes on deck (honestly best time to come here is during sunset time), then its time to go to my favourite place; Gardens by the Bay. Its 1.8 km walking distance so it took us another 20 minutes of walking. 

Singapore Flyer view while on our way to Gardens by the Bay

No need introduction I presumed ;) Besides being famous as one of top attractions in Singapore, if you watch Crazy Rich Asian, yes it's where the wedding reception of Colin & Araminta been held.




As we arrived a bit late, around 8.15pm. We got bit worried that we can't access/make it through time to go both flower dome & forest cloud. But we eventually made it. 

I'm not quite sure why my hand got stamped, but I'm honoured  lol cause I'm using printed ticket, so I just flash-showed my hand as the 'ticket' to both places lmao







I fell in love once I stepped in Flower Dome. The scents makes me willing to get trapped in here overnight . This is sooooo gonna be my first pit stop when I come to Singapore again.






Cloud Forest - the indoor waterfall & crystals. Also at the end, there's show about global warming — which is a good initiatives to create awareness, if only our people give a damn except from themselves. 

Our first day ended right on time of the closure time for Flower Dome & Cloud Forest. We ride the MRT [Bayfront ⇀ Al Junied] back to our hotel. Glad we have the tourist pass, or else we'll need to spend 1 hour queuing for the tickets lol. Honestly, Gardens by the Bay best to visit during daytime 😊

Second day — we spent our entire day in Universal Studio Singapore (or I called it as USS for shorts) Had our breakfast at the hotel, took MRT [Al Junied ⇀ HarbourFront ⇀ Waterfront (Monorail)] to USS. Side notes, from Sentosa Island to mainland we just used the tourist pass. But from mainland to Sentosa Island, we need to purchase the ticket which costed each of us SG$4.



**sorry it's a bit blurry — can't take a proper one cause we then run to ride the monorail lol







random pic of my ootd

Best time to come is before 10am, so atleast even you need to queue cause USS haven't opened yet, but for some attractions, you don't have to go for such long queue - we went to Madagascar direction first as mostly other tourists went to New York direction (probably to ride the roller coaster first)

Rode 6 roller coasters (I screamed the loudest, I think :3) & we had both lunch & dinner here. Lunch at Oasis Spice Cafe @ Ancient Egypt - costed me SG$19 for briyani & fanta orange. While as for dinner, we went to Mel's Drive-in @ Hollywood - costed me SG$19.50 for one set of cheeseburger. USS closed at 7pm due to some private event, quite annoying but nvm. As we got back early, at least I have extra time to wash my hair, edit pictures, and even sleep early! What a bonus lol



Day 3 - started our day by going to Singapore Art Museum (SAM), rode the MRT [Al Junied ⇀ Bras Basah] Tickets are not available online so we need to buy it at SAM itself. Costed me SG$3 cause I have my student card (hehe), if not, normal price for adult is SG$6. [Friendly reminder, just bring your student id card anywhere you go, you probably can get a student price for the tickets/etc. I stan the places who support students cause I'm like broke all the time]






Then we walk to Raffles City to have our brunch. The restaurant we planned to go eventually closed, luckily there's food court that serves halal foods. 

honey glazed chicken rice (SG$4.90) & milo iced (SG$2.20)

After making sure our tummy fully ready for next 15K steps of walking, we went to our next & the must attraction to go in Singapore; Merlion Park [City Hall ⇀ Raffles Place]

Cavenagh Bridge - right besides the bridge; in front of Asian Civilisations Museum, there's a stall selling SG$1 handmade sandwich ice cream 😭💛 & Mirror Balls in Empress Place

raspberry ice cream :3

view from Jubilee Bridge (connect Esplanade Theatre to Merlion)

As the closest road in walking distance to Singapore ArtScience Museum was closed due to preparation for Singapore's Independence Day celebration (if I'm not mistaken), we need to ride the MRT; walk aaaaallll way back to City Hall through underground path [City Hall ⇀ Bayfront] You can also ride grab cause we just choose the cheapest way.

Since Marvel is celebrating their Ten Years of Heroes. Of course, me & my Ally went to the exhibition. It was held between 9 June ~ 30 September 2018. While her sisters went to Future World exhibitions.


iron man!! 💓

Doctor Strange!!! 😭💞 Benedict Cumberbatch! :3

"I am Groot!"

STEVE ROGERS !!! 💘

Helicarrier 😍




We continued our trip to Orchard Road [Bayfront ⇀ Orchard] wander around and walked to Emerald Hill Rd; a neighbourhood & a conservation area, former home to many members of the city-state's wealthy Peranakan community thus explained the architectures.

Saunders Rd - located next to Emerald Hill Rd



We had our early dinner at Fish & Chicks @ Cathay Cineleisure Orchard, 8 Grange Rd.

costed me SG$8.90 ; 9/10 for the foods, 3/10 for the services (ugh sorry we're Malay LOL noah fence)

Started to move in 'chill' mode as there's no other attraction place to go (supposed to go to Bugis Junction & Arab Street but we're running out of time as it's almost dust) We take the bus from Orchard Rd to Little India & have our last drink in Singapore @ The Great Mischief.

it's also under a boutique hotel - The Great Madras



Here me & Ally had our 'non-alcoholic beer' (sounds hm I rather not say) but Ally's beer is terrible HAHA so we had bet that if she managed to finished one whole glass without stopping, I'll treat anything she wants. She succeed & I know I might almost killed my own best friend (our 'beer' costed us SG$8 each)

We went back to our hotel by bus [Little India ⇀ Geylang]

In the morning of our last day, we took grab to go to Changi International Airport as our flight scheduled at 11am. Had our breakfast at Starbucks.

Ally's : shiok-ah-ccino | Mine : vanilla creme frap | & a slice of godness Good'Ol NY Cheesecake

now I know why Changi IA is the 1st in World's Top 10 Airports in 2018 😭😍



We had foosball battles in middle of the airport lol. We both came with the theory that the red one will always won (as we both switched) because the table's been sabotage to make it imbalance 😂😭

still hungry so I get this while on board - costed me RM10

Here's the sums up of my daily spent during my 4 days at Singapore. Btw, we supposed to deduct the GST charged to us at the shops or collected it back at the Airport (only if the receipts have the QR code, if not go to option 1) but apparently maybe we got scammed as they all said we need to refund the GST at airport but they said otherwise. And all our receipts doesn't have the QR code so nvm, we had a flight to catch anyway.
  • Flight (booked by December 2017) - RM 246 (returns KUL ⇋ SIN)
  • Hotel (4 days 3 nights) - RM 316
  • 6 attractions (tickets bought at Klook) - RM 484 :
  1. Singapore Cable Car - RM 58
  2. Tiger Sky Tower - RM 33
  3. Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck - RM 60
  4. Gardens by the Bay (Flower Dome & Cloud Forest) - RM 68
  5. Universal Studio Singapore - RM 211
  6. Singapore ArtScience Museum (Marvel Exhibitions) - RM 54
  • Daily basis:
  1. First day - SG$ 57.80 (included grab, sim card, tourist pass, meal, snacks)
  2. Second day - SG$ 48.90 (for both lunch & dinner)
  3. Third day - SG$ 42.50 (included meals, drinks, souviners)
  4. Last day - SG$ 69.55 (included breakfast, souviners)
  • Cash brought : SG$ 250 (bought perfumes & a lipstick at the airport cause I have around SG$100 left; so you actually will just use around SG$150 for 4 days trip 😊)
  • Noted that you can go to any other restaurants, in this post, the food' suggestions are mostly for muslim - halal foods. :)
  • ^ Addition for halal foods selections; you guys can go to Bugis St. & Arab St. area, there's lots of choices there!
pieces of memories from Singapore

The End

Hope you enjoy this post. I'll write more from time to time. Do check my instagram cause sometimes I do experiments of vlog and posted it on IGTV. I will post my vlogs on YouTube as well (if I feel its good enough lol)

But my final is just around the corner, so I will focus on that first. Till then, readers. Thank you for being here till the end & do excuse any grammatical errors.

xoxo,
cimmiko.

Comments

Popular Posts